|Welcome 220.127.116.11 to 4D4M D07 N37||b t e|
HTC One Google-ish Edition, A How To
Weeks back I spent the day in Grand Rapids at a network security demonstration. A contest between security guys and hackers. It was interesting but basically a big waist of a day. After a couple hour ride home I heading to work to drop off some co-workers that came with me. As we approached work my stomach turned I could have sworn I was going to through up. So I park on the street and ran into the building to find a bathroom. Now I don't know what made me sick that day but I do know that I spent 15 awful minutes in that bathroom (TMI, I know). Once done I stood up and promptly dropped my Galaxy Nexus on a tile / cement floor and thus promptly breaking the glass, the touch screen, and the LCD behind it. Then I walked out, very distraught just to notice that the 15 minutes I was in the building also resulted in a parking ticket. Cool story, I know.
So what did all that useless information for? Well back story to why I now have an HTC One form AT&T and I want some pity on my awful day. However, being a previous Galaxy Nexus guy and over lover of stock Android, I couldn't deal with SensUI because it's absolute garbage but the hardware on this device is fantastic. Why didn't I just buy a HTC One Google Edition you ask? Well because I wasn't going to drop $650 for it when I could sign a contract and buy the exact same phone for $200. Then I figured I could just flash the Google Edition ROM onto the device. Turns out I was right and it's fairly easy. At least it is when you RTFM.
Below is the download and the steps to get your HTC One to be cool too. Just note that I'm not going to update this ever so you might want to double check the XDA forums (see below) for the latest information and files on doing this. Also I am not responsible if you brick and or break your device so don't cry to me if you do something wrong and turn your device into a paper weight. Finally, this will probably void your warranty.
THIS WILL ERASE YOUR PHONE!
XDA HTC One Forums - http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2115
XDA HTC One Blog- http://www.xda-developers.com/tag/htc-one/
TWRP - http://teamw.in/project
Revone - http://revolutionary.io/revone
HTC One softModder - http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/
01) Unzip the download onto your C drive.
02) Install the drivers form the folder (HTCDriver_4.0.1.001.exe).
- If HTC Media Sync is installed you probably already have the driver.
- If you do have HTC Media Sync uninstall it.
03) Plug the phone in.
04) Check that your phone is being seen by the tools.
- Open up CMD and navigate to C:sdk-tools.
- Type: adb devices
- Make sure a device ID shows up. If not driver isn't installed.
05) You have to unlock the boot loader: http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
- Note: HTC One isn't in the list, select "All Other Support Devices".
06) Install a recovery ROM like TWRP.
- While phone is booted please transfer SuperSU-v1.25.zip to your phone.
- From CMD type: adb reboot bootloader
- Once in bootloader make sure it says "FASTBOOT USB".
- Type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-18.104.22.168-m7.img
- You should have a "RECOVERY" option on the bootloader screen.
07) Install SuperSU.
- From bootloader click (user volume rocker to highly and power button to select)
- You can back up your SD card at this point if you want
- From TWRP click 'Install' then just select SuperSU-v1.25.zip
- Then from TWRP reboot (will prompt to install root if not already)
08) Boot back into the phone and download a app called Root Checker to confirm it worked.
09) Now you need to do whats called S-OFF (or shut the ROM security off)
- Go back to your CMD prompt.
- Type: adb push revone /data/local/tmp
- Type: adb shell
- Type: cd /data/local/tmp
- Type: chmod 755 revone
- Type: su (This only works if you have root. You'll have grant it access on the phone.)
- Type: ./revone -P
- Then type exit twice to get back to normal prompt and type: adb reboot
- When the phone comes back up type: adb shell
- Type: cd /data/local/tmp
- Type: su (double check to phone if needs granted, probably won't)
- Type: ./revone -s 0 -u
- Again type exit twice and type: adb reboot
10) Onc rebooted you'll want to type "adb reboot bootloader" to get into the bootloader.
11) Now you have to change the device CID.
- Tyep: fastboot oem readcid (record your current CID)
- Type: fastboot oem writecid GOOGL001
- Type: fastboot oem readcid (if didn't work then S-OFF didn't work)
- This has to happen to get OTA updates later.
12) Once there type: fastboot oem rebootRUU
13) The phone will have a black screen with a HTC logo.
- Now type: fastboot flash zip RUU-HTC_One_GE-3.06.1700.10.zip
14) Wait, most likely you'll get an error. If you do, retype the command above. This is normal
15) Once it finishes up type: fastboot reboot
16) You should boot up into your new fancy stock Android.
Note: The ROM in my download package is not rooted.
Also note: If you're having troubles you can comment or hit me up on twitter and if I have time I'll try to help out. Also let me know if I missed a step and I'll think about updating it. Finally if you have any major issues or want to get the latest information please see the XDA forums. You should know that this information depreciates very quickly and AT&T / HTC do make attempts to block this from working.